AutoCRUD Preview

Just stumbled across this. Talk about a real time saver. Already tested out basic functionaly and it works great! I’m also interested in the Executable Crud Audit Events feature which I have yet to test. Will definitely provide some feedback when I do. Thanks!

What about automatically handling referenced tables? For example:

public class Organization
{
    [AutoIncrement]
    public int Id { get; set; }
    public string Name{ get; set; }
    [Reference]
    public List<Address> Addresses { get; set; }
}

[Route("/organizations", "POST")]
public class CreateOrganization : ICreateDb<Organization>, IReturn<CreateOrganizationResponse>
{
    public string Name { get; set; }
    public List<Address> Addresses { get; set; }
}

The above did not result in adding an Address record.

Not supported in v1, will queue up a wish list after next release.

Until then, what would be the recommended way of using AutoCRUD and handling references?

You wouldn’t use AutoCrud for anything it doesn’t support, you’d just implement your services normally.

The announcements on the new value-added features around the new AutoQuery & Validation support should hopefully be of interest to many here:

AutoGen AutoCrud Services

ServiceStack Studio Preview

@nukedbit FYI checkout ServiceStack Studio which includes UI & support for adding DB Validation rules. Or if you can’t/unable to use ServiceStack Studio to manage the rules you can call the new ModifyValidationRules Service directly to add them.

Wow congrats for the new releases :slight_smile: they look very interesting, i did a quick try using the x tool as i develop mostly on macos, and i like it. it going to save a lot of time and i can package my services on libraries without default permissions and set them on a per project use case :).
Hopefully i can find some time next week to try the new features :slight_smile: and give you a feedback.

1 Like