Getting "Use Resolver" exception after upgrading

Under some conditions, I get “Use Resolved” Obsolete exception. I found this throw in here

NotSupportedException("Use Resolver");

What does it mean? Where does this error come from, I am not using the listener object anywhere in my code?

There are no usages of ListenerRequest.Container in the code-base, do you have a StackTrace of the Exception?

I have found the issue. We use LibLog and it has this method GetLoggerForCurrentClass, which uses some reflection magic to figure out the context. It has issues on its own since sometimes it uses the code that is optimised by the compiler, and in my case it gets in conflict with some ServiceStack internals. I switched my code to use ServiceStack.Logging.

It did not help, I am still getting this issue.

I have the following host code:

    public class SelfHostedServiceHost : AppSelfHostBase
        private Action<ServiceStackHost, Container> _configurator;
        private static readonly ILog Logger = LogManager.GetLogger(typeof(SelfHostedServiceHost));

        public SelfHostedServiceHost(string serviceName, params Assembly[] assembliesWithServices)
            : base(serviceName, assembliesWithServices)

        public override void Configure(Container container)
            _configurator(this, container);

            ServiceExceptionHandlers.Add((httpReq, request, exception) =>
                Logger.ErrorFormat("Service exception {@Exception} on request {@Request}", exception, httpReq);
                return null;

            UncaughtExceptionHandlers.Add((req, res, operationName, ex) =>
                Logger.ErrorFormat("Unhandled exception {@Exception} in the service, operation {Operation} on request {@Request}", 
                    ex, operationName, req);

        internal void SetConfigurator(Action<ServiceStackHost, Container> configurator) =>
            _configurator = configurator;


When service fails with an exception, I get “Use Resolver” error on the return null; line.

Ok, so the reason is that we are logging the request and it always worked. But, since the request Container property started to throw this exception, we started to get issues.