Localising Fluent Validation messages

Hi Demis,

You replied to a post back in 2017 saying that you don’t support localisation in Fluent Validation messages.

Has this issue been addressed? If not, could you suggest a work-around?

Regards,
Alan

As it’s inherently an interned copy, it supports what Fluent Validation supports which uses the confiugred CultureInfo.CurrentUICulture.

For more info see the Fluent Validation Localization docs.

I may be misunderstanding but does this mean that validation messages will always be returned in the language of the server rather than the language requested by the client via AcceptLanguage?

From the FluentValidation docs it uses CultureInfo.CurrentUICulture to determine the language to use, so it’s going to use whatever CultureInfo.CurrentUICulture is configured to, which you can configure yourself or utilize a localization strategy in ASP.NET Core.

I was missing the supported cultures.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Demis.

1 Like

hei @aetaylor, I am currently working on a project that will require internationalization / localization (specifically, all the content available in multiple languages, possibly currencies as well), are you able to make any suggestions / comments / code snippets / links that you found particularly useful?
Regards
D

Hi Dale,

Unfortunately, I’m only writing the back-end code for the project so only really addressing localisation in the validators. Also, the front-end is a suite of WPF applications for this internal system which utilises the built-in satellite localisation assemblies.

Sorry that I couldn’t be any help.

Regards,
Alan

No worries, I appreciate your reply.

Working with resx file in xamarin.forms went well for us.

1 Like