Att: Xamarin Customers

Hi ServiceStack & Xamarin Customers!

Xamarin has reached out to us and is looking to find more about ServiceStack Customers that also use Xamarin.iOS or Xamarin.Android. They’re hoping to get feedback on mobile apps connecting to a ServiceStack back-end and are potentially looking to feature some Customer Success stories. If you’re using ServiceStack with Xamarin please let us know in a comment below or you can email team@servicestack.net

Hopefully the more Customers that they know about, the better support, docs and integration they’ll be able to provide. So if you know of any Xamarin Apps that use ServiceStack please let us know!

@mythz
I will use SS to refine my WebApi project now. But i just start to do this work. This is my first week to study SS.
But this year I have developed six Apps by Xamarin.

We are using it for an upcoming game. It relies heavily on ServerSentEvents, and this is why we mentioned the problems with the 4.0.39 version (and were able to provide a fix)

It would be cool to have this as a ‘Test Case’ or ‘Success story’.

We have developed Webfeud as well (Webfeud Android App in Google PlayStore) which is powered by MVC2 (backend). We are considering uplifiting this to use SS as well, since it has many (!) benefits over MVC.

1 Like

@Rob Cool to hear your using it to build a game - let us know when it’s out as I’d love to check it out :slight_smile:

Yep, I’ve got it in the cards to do an Xamarin-based version of Chat to provide an example of using SSE.

We are using ServiceStack with Xamarin iOS in a vertical market database app for higher education. We are in early stages, gradually replacing SOAP interfaces.

I use SS and Xamarin extensively in various scenarios. I’ve used them together on 2 enterprise iOS apps that I’ve developed. It’s SS end-to-end on the device and the API. As always, it’s amazing and such a joy to use. It just works.

1 Like

We decide to build all our mobile apps with Xamarin and Service Stack. We are a small team and I think we will be able to rival to much bigger team just because we use SS. Doing test is so easy… configure OrmLite in memory mode for your build and when you need to debug use sqlite, when ready to deploy change to your real database just with connection string config !!! All that on .Net core!!! yeah!!!

1 Like