Auto Register Service+Routes from Plugin

Pretty much similar to this question on SO, I am wondering what the best-practice is for automatically registering services and all the associated routes from an assembly, launched from an IPlugin Register.

In the apphost constructor you can pass a list of assemblies, but if I want to plugin-ify and let the plugin launch the service registration, what’s the best approach? Using AppHost Register requires specifying Routes, etc. There’s a nifty “AddPluginsFromAssembly” method, but no “AddServicesFromAssembly”.

Thoughts?

Services are normally pre-registered before AppHost.Configure() gets called so you’d normally specify a list of assemblies in the AppHost constructor or by overloading CreateServiceController().

After that there’s only appHost.RegisterService<TService>(route) to register Services dynamically.

Bugger. Currently doing the first part, but I was hoping to encapsulate with plugins and let them auto register their own services, without needing to be explict about it.

thanks

Ok but that would just be a matter of going through all Service Types and registering them individually, I’ve added explicit support for this with the new IAppHost.RegisterServicesInAssembly() API in this commit.

This change is available from v4.0.57 that’s now available on MyGet.

Excellent - thank you.