Azure Redis and MQ Handlers

I’m getting the following error:

ServiceStack.Messaging.Redis.RedisMqServer: Exception in Redis MQ Server: Unknown reply on multi-request: 23

The code publishes 3000 messages and then in a handler it “sends” them. Right now it just returns., From my research the error is indicative of a race condition and using a shared client across threads, however I followed the guides and created a pooled client. I didn’t see this in my localhost testing but did on azure’s redis so not sure if that’s related or not. The code below is pretty much all of it:

var redisFactory = new PooledRedisClientManager("mypass@mycache.redis.cache.windows.net:6380?&ssl=True&abortConnect=False&SendTimeout=5000&ReceiveTimeout=5000");
container.Register<IMessageService>(x => new RedisMqServer(redisFactory, retryCount: 100));

Publish:

public void Any(SendCampaign campaign)
    {

var range = Enumerable.Range(0, campaign.Count);

foreach (var r in range)
        {
            this.PublishMessage<QueueMessage>(new QueueMessage() { Id = r, BodyHtml = "test" });
        }

}

Handler:

public void Post(QueueMessage m)
  {
     return;
  }

Full error:

2017-09-18 17:38:02.450 +00:00 [Error] ServiceStack.Messaging.Redis.RedisMqServer: Exception in Redis MQ Server: Unknown reply on multi-request: 23���p3
ServiceStack.Redis.RedisResponseException: Unknown reply on multi-request: 23���p
at ServiceStack.Redis.RedisNativeClient.ReadMultiData()
at ServiceStack.Redis.RedisNativeClient.SendReceive[T](Byte[][] cmdWithBinaryArgs, Func1 fn, Action1 completePipelineFn, Boolean sendWithoutRead)
at ServiceStack.Redis.RedisNativeClient.SendExpectMultiData(Byte[][] cmdWithBinaryArgs)
at ServiceStack.Redis.RedisNativeClient.UnSubscribe(String[] fromChannels)
at ServiceStack.Redis.RedisSubscription.UnSubscribeFromAllChannels()
at ServiceStack.Redis.RedisSubscription.Dispose()
at ServiceStack.Redis.RedisPubSubServer.RunLoop()

Can you share the standalone sample which reproduces the issue? Did you made any specific settings for Redis on Azure?

Here is a standalone program.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhq9pvy0w3til80/MqTest.zip?dl=0

It generates the error on the handler it seems as I published 3000 first without the handler and then with the handler it popped up. I removed the connection string but the exact format is in my original comment for how I’m connecting to Azure.