Beginners tutorial for asp.net core

Hi,
Is there any beginners tutorial for creating web services using service stack and asp.net core.

Thanks

There’s a getting started section in the docs which walks through creating a Service and explaining how it works along with some background concepts.

To create a .NET Core App you’d start with one of the github.com/NetCoreTemplates, e.g. the web template is an empty .NET Core App that adopts ServiceStack’s recommended physical project structure. Coincidentally the .NET tool to install it is also called web. To create a project install the web tool and use web new {TemplateName} {ProjectName} to create the project, e.g:

$ dotnet tool install -g web

$ web new web ProjectName

For a description of the other .NET Core Templates available see the Available Project Templates in the docs or you can view the list the available templates by running:

$ web new

Browsing the source code of the available .NET Core Apps is also a great way to familiarize yourself with ServiceStack.

Hello,

Apologize for discussing the very basic stuff again as I am bumped into same sort of issue.

I followed all the instructions mentioned here (NetCoreTemplates / web) to create an API only project.

When I am using this command x new web Hworld getting this output shown in the below screenshot

When I try to open the generated solution in VS2022 and execute it, it is opening and getting executed but rather seeing this sort of page

I am seeing this error page

Kindly advice what should I do, as I only want to create an API project and expose the API endpoints using get/post etc verbs, without Angular, Vue or any other frontend requirements.

My Environment.
Windows 10 Pro
Visual Studio 2022 Ent
x tool 6.0.11

Thanks and regards

It looks like you’re trying to access unsecured http://localhost:5001 instead of https://localhost:5001

No Mythz, the problem is that in the launchsettings.json the sslPort is having value 0 which is causing issue.

When I setup the sslPort value to 44382 it started working.