Blazor Vue .Net8 template migration

Hello
I have installed the new Blazor Vue .Net8 template

using x new

With no change, everything is looking good until I try to login (AspNetUser table not found)
The Migration looks like creating correctly creating the tables for Ormlite but NOT for Identity

Using JetBrains Rider and Windows 10 Home

Thierry

After deleting the app.db and running migration, I am getting

Running AppTask 'migrate'...
info: Tiptopweb.AFFFF.Demo.ConfigureDbMigrations[0]
      Running EF Migrations...
info: Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Database.Command[20101]
      Executed DbCommand (2ms) [Parameters=[], CommandType='Text', CommandTimeout='30']
      SELECT COUNT(*) FROM "sqlite_master" WHERE "type" = 'table' AND "rootpage" IS NOT NULL;
ERROR: Failed to run AppTask 'migrate', Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'Demo, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Demo, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Demo, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

My project is Tiptopweb.AFFFF.Demo
So it looks like it is missing the beginning of the name before the dot
Tiptopweb.AFFFF.Demo.dll vs Demo.dll

I cannot find where it is missing in the generated code :sweat_smile:

Can you share the x new command/project name you used? I might be an issue with using . dots in the name along with the name replacement happening in the EF migrations or DB context. Are you able to create and run a project without dots?

x new blazor-vue Tiptopweb.AFFFF.Demo

ok, it does not like the dots
x new blazor-vue TiptopwebAFFFFDemo
is working, I can always get the DB from the other project or script it

Did u use ef migration commands from commandline?

dotnet ef migrations add CreateIdentitySchema
dotnet ef database update

Edit:

Sorry, did not realize you have resolved it. I too had problems with dot in project name, had to recreate it without dots.

It seems dotnet ef command strips the whole project name and takes only part after last dot for migration assembly name.

If someone knows the solution, or why that happens, I would be happy to know the answer.