Connection refused

I am suddenly have a problem with an application I created that uses ServiceStack to host a service. I am calling it using a simple system.web request with JSON. Everything was great until today when I got back to the project and keep getting refused connections. I see that Visual Studio did an automatic update of ServiceStack on Friday. And just now I used the Nuget package manager and updated everything in the server host solution. I still get the connection refused. I just can’t think of anything that would have changed except for the update. And I had not applied that to the project when the problem started.

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:1377 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) — End of inner exception stack trace — at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)

The metadata page displays fine…

I can’t tell what issue you’re running into, but the exception you’re getting is due to trying to connect to an instance running on 127.0.0.1:1377 when there isn’t anything listening on that port.

So I’d first investigate why there isn’t anything running on 127.0.0.1:1377 as you’re expecting, perhaps ?debug=requestinfo can help identify and StartUp Exceptions you have.

I fired it up at a different port and it is working. I am not sure how that port got locked up since I know of nothing that is running that be using it.

Thanks. I am new to ServiceStack. I like it a lot. It is like a can opener. Infinitely useful. I have a lot to learn. Understanding the really helpful built-in and highly configurable debugging is helpful. I got a chance to learn about this today since your post. Thanks.

1 Like