Could not load ServiceStack-Auth-IPasswordHasher on app.UseServiceStack call

Did anything change from yesterday to today? I saw the most recent MyGet release was today (11/12/17). Last night I got everything working (runs in IIS Express, Runs in Docker), went to bed and got up and this error persists in both IIS Express Run and Docker run.

I realize this is a Pre-Release build I’m working on, but did any dependencies move around? I’ve cleared nuget local cache, etc…

It’s happening at the app.UseServiceStack call:

{
            if (env.IsDevelopment())
            {
                app.UseDeveloperExceptionPage();
            }
            app.UseServiceStack(new AppHost());
        }

Forgot the actual stack trace:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ServiceStack.Auth.IPasswordHasher' from assembly 'ServiceStack.Interfaces, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at ServiceStack.HostConfig.NewInstance()
   at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.Init()
   at ServiceStack.NetCoreAppHostExtensions.UseServiceStack(IApplicationBuilder app, AppHostBase appHost)
   at MyProject.Startup.Configure(IApplicationBuilder app, IHostingEnvironment env) in C:\Projects\MyProject\src\MyProject\Startup.cs:line 38
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.Configure(IApplicationBuilder app)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.ApplicationInsights.HostingStartup.ApplicationInsightsLoggerStartupFilter.<>c__DisplayClass0_1.<Configure>b__0(IApplicationBuilder builder)
   at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.AspNetCore.ApplicationInsightsStartupFilter.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Configure>b__0(IApplicationBuilder app)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.IISIntegration.IISSetupFilter.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<Configure>b__0(IApplicationBuilder app)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.AutoRequestServicesStartupFilter.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Configure>b__0(IApplicationBuilder builder)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()

I’ve rebuilt all CI projects again and re-deployed, issue should be resolved after clearing your NuGet cache again and restoring.

1 Like

The man, the mythz, the legend.

Thank you!