Custom routing based on DTO property values

Is there any way to reroute requests based on properties of the request DTO that aren’t part of the url?

For example, given this request DTO:

[Route("/mything/{Id}", "PUT")]
public class UpdateMyThing : IReturn<ThingResponse> {
    public Guid Id { get; set; }
    public ThingType Type { get; set; }
}

Is there any way I can define two different services (with different RequestFilterAttributes) to handle this request depending on the value of the Type property? Something like the following, but where the RequestFilterAttributes are actually invoked (in this example they are not):

public ThingResponse Put(UpdateMyThing request) {
    if(request.Type == ThingType.Big)
        return UpdateBigThing(request);
    else
        return UpdateSmallThing(request);
}

[CheckPermission(Permissions.Big)]
private ThingResponse UpdateBigThing(UpdateMyThing request) { ... }

[CheckPermission(Permissions.Small)]
private ThingResponse UpdateSmallThing(UpdateMyThing request) { ... }

I did try playing around with HostContext.ServiceController.ExecuteMessage a bit, but couldn’t really wrap my head around the best way to use it (it gives me an IHttpResult which I think means my Put service could no longer return a ThingResponse object).

Worst-case I can move my permission check into the service itself instead of an attribute, but I’d prefer not to (for clarity and consistency purposes) if possible.

Only the best matching Service is executed, which is based solely on the /path/info.

But inside your Service you can easily call another service using base.ResolveService<T> or base.ExecuteRequest().

We use this together with the [FallbackRoute] attribute in TechStacks to control whether we should render the UI with AngularJS on the client or with Razor on the Server.