Debug CS code for SS+React spa template

I am following CLI dev workflow. Seems to have issue with attaching process and get to step into my CS code. How would I setup so that I could step into my code to debug?
Any pointers would be helpful and appreciated.
Thanks!
Binu

Don’t understand, there’s nothing in ServiceStack libraries that prevents debugging, it’s as normal, i.e. Start a debug session in Debug mode (i.e. Debug build) then set a break point.

Ok - switched to VS code and it works, Visual Studio was giving me issues !

Visual Studio is generally a poor choice for SPA development as it lacks proper support for SPA web formats and multi terminal support, I’m also running into issues where I can no longer step debug in VS because it thinks I’ve made an edit and will refuse to continue without restarting the debug session.

I find JetBrains Rider has the best overall C# development experience, although VS Code does have best class support for all front-end SPA formats (e.g. .jsx / Vue SFC, etc) since it seems to be the editor that all SPA frameworks prioritize first class support for, otherwise Rider is a close second. Occasionally I’ll use VS Code for front-end UI development and Rider for back-end C#, otherwise just Rider as VS Code has nowhere near the C# support in JetBrains Rider or ReSharper.

2 Likes

The debug edit issue annoyed me beyond belief too. They fixed it in the 16.4 update, though.

1 Like