Does anyone else find the starter projects buggy?

I use the starter projects that can be downloaded from Create new .NET 8 project - ServiceStack to try out new releases but I have to spend quite a bit of time fixing issues that I wouldn’t expect them to have.

For example I recently downloaded a react project using the mixes selected in the link below. I found that Ormlie.sqlite packages were referenced instead of SqlServer, RabbitMq package not referenced, and the DB Migrations fail because of missing columns.

https://account.servicestack.net/archive/NetCoreTemplates/react-spa?Name=MyApp&Mix=profiling,sqlitelogs,openapi3,apikeys,serverevents,cors,ef-sqlserver,rabbitmq

Is there any chance these can be tidied up so they work ‘out of the box’?

Sqlite will always be referenced since that’s what all except empty templates are configured with by default, the mix configurations are only additive, i.e. they can only add/overwrite configurations not remove them. Also note that Request Logs uses the new SQLite Request Logs feature so SQLite is always required.

I’ve just tried downloading the link and I can see ServiceStack.RabbitMq was referenced

<PackageReference Include="ServiceStack.RabbitMq" Version="8.*" />

The generated solution does build.

I did run into a SQL Server specific environment error which can be resolved by adding disabling invariant mode:

<InvariantGlobalization>false</InvariantGlobalization>

OK, thanks - the sqlite references makes sense

Yeah, I should have added the InvariantGlobalization issue, I found that as well.

I found the following columns missing on the db migration for aspnetusers:

• FacebookUserId
  • GoogleProfilePageUrl
  • GoogleUserId
  • MicrosoftUserId

I don’t understand why I didn’t have ServiceStack.Ormlite.SqlServer referenced, nor ServiceStack.RabbitMq

I’ve just re-downloaded the same project from scratch with a blank entry form and the references are there as you say @mythz. I don’t know what to say because my packages look very different…

project I downloaded yesterday…

EDIT: note - I altered ServiceStack.Ormlie.Sqlite.Data to ServiceStack.Ormlie.SqlServer.Data and added ServiceStack.RabbitMq

same project config (I think) downloaded just now…

I’m seeing the project references below. It was using the wrong ApplicationUser class which should now be fixed.

1 Like

ok, thanks @mythz
So I can just redownload (ie it’s already live)?

Yeah to get the updated ApplicationUser, that’s the only change I’ve made atm.

1 Like