FluentValidation

I’m currently hitting an issue with nested validators for which a fix introduced to FluentValidation crica v6.2. The is also an update to the placeholders for comparison values which isn’t in the current servicestack version.

I have updated the servicestack code with the full latest version (6.2.1) and added back in servicestack customisations (the IRequest property etc). I’ve created a fork with the changes but there is a breaking change, so wanted to see how best to proceed rather than just submit a large PR.

https://github.com/wwwlicious/ServiceStack/tree/fluentvalidation6.2.1

The breaking change is in the error codes that are returned from the built in validators.

They used to be for example ‘NotEmpty’ but at some point changed to returning the raw message resource key ‘not_empty’.

This breaks the existing error code tests and likely any downstream that check error codes…

Thoughts?

The source code would need to be modified to retain backwards compatibility, we wouldn’t be able to introduce a breaking change that breaks existing client Applications like this.

ok, I think I have a backwards compatible PR. Any feedback or further changes, just let me know