Funq IOC with WebApi

Hi,

I am working on getting Funq working as a IDependencyResolver with WebApi (long story). I am using the documented WebApi IDependencyResolver to do this, but for some reason, whenever WebApi tries to resolve any ApiController, I am getting the following exception:

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
    at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerContext.set_Configuration(HttpConfiguration value)
  at lambda_method(Closure , Container )
 at Funq.Container.ResolveImpl[TService](String name, Boolean throwIfMissing)

The IDependencyResolver implementation looks like (this was bastardised from a post for MVC which has a slighlty different signature and the Cache.CreateInstance also differed in it didn’t expect an IResolver as it’s first param. I can’t find too much about this level of detail, but can you see anything wrong with this?

I have tried with BeginScope() returning a Funq child, but am out of ideas.

public class FunqDependencyResolver : IDependencyResolver
{
    private readonly ContainerResolveCache cache;
    private readonly Container container;

public FunqDependencyResolver(Container container)
    {
        this.cache = new ContainerResolveCache(container);
        this.container = container;

}

public object GetService(Type serviceType)
    {
        try
        {
            return this.cache.CreateInstance(this.container, serviceType, true);
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            return null;
        }

}

public IEnumerable<object> GetServices(Type serviceType)
    {
        return Enumerable.Empty<object>();
    }

public IDependencyScope BeginScope()
    {
        return this;
    }

public void Dispose()
    {
       container.Dispose();

}
}

Don’t know what this error is, but I wouldn’t use Funq to resolve Web API controllers, I’d use an IOC that’s known to work and supports Web API’s dependency resolver. Returning this in BeginScope() doesn’t look right, as when it disposes the scope you’re disposing the entire container.