How do I hide Parameters displayed by Swagger?

I have custom authentication logic whereby only a username and password need be supplied for auth. How can I stop all the other auth parameters from being displayed in Swagger UI?

I’ve inherited the Authenticate class and hidden the inherited members (except for username and password), but they still appear as parameters in Swagger UI.

Please advise.

I think the only implemented attribute is to exclude from the Model Schema, not in the UI:

by using

[ApiMember(Description = "Customer IP Address identification", ExcludeInSchema = true)]
public string IpAddress { get; set; }

as these are the only attributes from ApiMember

namespace ServiceStack
{
    [AttributeUsage(AttributeTargets.Property, AllowMultiple = true, Inherited = true)]
    public class ApiMemberAttribute : AttributeBase
    {
        public ApiMemberAttribute();

public bool AllowMultiple { get; set; }
        public string DataType { get; set; }
        public string Description { get; set; }
        public bool ExcludeInSchema { get; set; }
        public bool IsRequired { get; set; }
        public string Name { get; set; }
        public string ParameterType { get; set; }
        public string Route { get; set; }
        public string Verb { get; set; }
    }
}

but maybe there’s a way to implement your own Swagger attributes… if you find it, the attribute you want to use is paramAccess and that should be false

Normally you would just ignore the properties you don’t want but as this is a built-in DTO you can’t statically decorate it with Attributes. But ServiceStack lets you dynamically add Attributes but they need to be added before Configure() is called which you can do in your AppHost constructor, so you can dynamically add [IgnoreDataMember] attribute on properties you want ignored with:

public class AppHost : AppHostBase
{
    public AppHost()
        : base("My Services", typeof(MyService).Assembly)
    {
        foreach (var pi in typeof(Authenticate).GetPublicProperties())
        {
            if (pi.Name != "provider" && pi.Name != "UserName" && pi.Name != "Password")
            {
                pi.AddAttributes(new IgnoreDataMemberAttribute());
            }
        }
    }

//...
}

Note you’ll also want the provider property which should be “credentials” if you’re logging in with a Credentials Auth Provider. You may also want RememberMe property which lets the user authenticate with the Permanent Session Id where they could close/reopen the browser and still be authenticated.

Modifying Swagger Metadata

An alternative solution is to modify the returned Swagger Metadata by using one of the SwaggerFeature’s Filters, see this previous answer for an example.