I can not start EmailContacts neither in windows nor mac

@mythz
I haven’t read readme.md very carefully, I think i can resolve the problem if i follow the steps. but i am still frustrated of this. Could you give me some advice to find the root cause of AppSettings error.

I run project on Mac or windows

System.TypeLoadException
Could not load type ‘ServiceStack.Configuration.AppSettings’ from assembly ‘ServiceStack, Version=4.0.31.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.

Description: HTTP 500.Error processing request.
Details: Non-web exception. Exception origin (name of application or object): ServiceStack.
Exception stack trace:
at ServiceStack.AppHostBase…ctor (System.String serviceName, System.Reflection.Assembly[] assembliesWithServices) [0x00000] in :0
at EmailContacts.AppHost…ctor () [0x0002a] in /Users/yinshen/projects/EmailContacts/src/EmailContacts/Global.asax.cs:24
at EmailContacts.Global.Application_Start (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00001] in /Users/yinshen/projects/EmailContacts/src/EmailContacts/Global.asax.cs:94
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00054] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.0/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:230

hmm working for me, but this error is usually due to running dirty dlls with different versions of ServiceStack. I’ve just upgraded EmailContacts to the latest v4.0.40 release in this commit: https://github.com/ServiceStackApps/EmailContacts/commit/a88f993dff875ce1754a19771b0abe552dc86268

Can you try pull the latest code from GitHub repo again. If it’s still an issue can you do a clean checkout to make sure you don’t have any old .dll references.

It work perfectly now, thank you very much.