Method not found in 5.0.3

I am attempting to write / read an object from DynamoDb. I can write to DynamoDb no problem, however I get the following error trying to read the object back from DynamoDb.

Method not found: ‘System.Object ServiceStack.PlatformExtensions.FromObjectDictionary(System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>, System.Type)’.

Source
ServiceStack.Aws

StackTrace
at ServiceStack.Aws.DynamoDb.DynamoConverters.FromMapAttributeValue(Dictionary2 map, Type type) at ServiceStack.Aws.DynamoDb.DynamoConverters.PopulateFromAttributeValues[T](T to, DynamoMetadataType table, Dictionary2 attributeValues)
at ServiceStack.Aws.DynamoDb.PocoDynamo.ConvertGetItemResponse[T](GetItemRequest request, DynamoMetadataType table)
at UserQuery.Main()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

The DynamoDb record consists of the following:
{
“CardCarrier”: null,
“CardDesign”: null,
“CardManufacturer”: null,
“CreateType”: null,
“CurCode”: null,
“Details”: {
“APR”: null,
“Costs”: null,
“Fees”: null,
“Limits”: null,
“Summary”: null
},
“FeeGroup”: null,
“IsActive”: false,
“LimitsGroup”: null,
“MCCGroup”: null,
“OfferingCode”: “TESTTESTTEST”,
“OfferingCodeFallback”: null,
“PERMSGroup”: null,
“ProductRef”: null,
“ProgramId”: null,
“SchedFeeGroup”: null,
“TxnCode”: null,
“WSFeeGroup”: null
}

As long as the “Details” property is in the data, I get the error. If I remove the “Details” proeprty from DynamoDb, then ServiceStack can load the record no problem.

Any Ideas???

Can you try clearing your NuGet cache:

nuget locals all -clear

and restoring to fetch the latest version of the v5.0.3 MyGet packages.

My computer was acting up so I did a reset (which would by nature dump my local nuget cache) and I’m happy to say the code is working as expected :slight_smile:

1 Like