MSMQ and ServiceStack MQ

I’ve got a legacy on-premise service that uses MSMQ for queuing and I’m trying to decide if it is worth the effort to wrap this into a serviceStack MQ. I know this is old tech compared to other alternatives, but it would eliminate the need to install another 3rd party MQ.

Has anyone looked into whether or not this would fit within the MQ interface? I would have though someone would have done this already since it is built into the Windows OS.

Thanks,
Brian

Don’t think I’ve heard of anyone create an MQ adapter for MSMQ. Most MQ Servers work similarly where they have a main background thread and thread for each worker processing messages off a queue which are all processed by the same MessageHandler class.

So I’d start from an existing impl like RabbitMqServer.cs for its structure and replace the internals to bind with MSMQ.

Ok, thanks for the direction.
br

Hey Brian, did you ever create an MSMQ adaptor? If so, is it something you can share? Cheers.

Hi George,

I took a run at it, but I got bogged down trying to understand the the design pattern and the best implementation to start from. Had to move on to the next fire, but I still need to figure it out at some point.

Brian

1 Like

It’s something I’d like to try out at some point. If I get around to it I’ll let you know.