Proxyfeature big Repsonse i-> nternal server error 500

Hi I just implemneted the proxyfeature running in selfhost for using a Soap-Webservice. For small requests /responses -> No Problem. But i have one webservice which returns about 1000 records.
I got Internal server error 500. And the response is not forwarded. Is there a limit for the response?
Are there any settings to expand the response max size?
Best regards Tom

We’ve not set any limits ourselves but the proxy request goes through a HTTP Worker Thread and a HttpWebRequest which have their own limits. What’s the full stacktrace?

Thx for your quick answer. The callstack i got: bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
bei TLD.ZUlix.DoSV.Persitence.DoSV_Adapter.CallWebService(XmlDocument soap_envelope) in D:\GitHub\Local_Repository\TLD.Zulix.DoSV.Modul20170809\TLD.ZUlix.DoSV.Persitence\DoSV_Adapter.cs:Zeile 44.
bei TLD.ZUlix.DoSV.Persitence.DoSV_Adapter.Call_SAF202(Int32 semester, DateTime lastSync) in D:\GitHub\Local_Repository\TLD.Zulix.DoSV.Modul20170809\TLD.ZUlix.DoSV.Persitence\DoSV_Adapter.cs:Zeile 198.
bei TLD.Zulix.DoSV.Logic.Tests.AUTH_UNIT_TESTS.When_send_to_Dosv_should_BE_OK_202() in D:\GitHub\Local_Repository\TLD.Zulix.DoSV.Modul20170809\TLD.Zulix.DoSV.Logic.Tests\AUTH_UNIT_TESTS.cs:Zeile 211.

The StatusCode is InternalServerError System.Net.HttpStatusCode.

Not very much information about the error. Hope this can help.
Best Regards Tom

Again me . In Fiddler i can trace the following exception:var model = {“ResponseStatus”:{“ErrorCode”:“ArgumentOutOfRangeException”,“Message”:“The Content-Length value must be greater than or equal to zero.\r\nParameter name: value”,“StackTrace”:" at System.Net.HttpListenerResponse.set_ContentLength64(Int64 value)\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.HttpListener.ListenerResponse.SetContentLength(Int64 contentLength)\r\n at ServiceStack.ProxyFeatureHandler.<CopyToResponse>d__23.MoveNext()\r\n— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)\r\n at ServiceStack.ProxyFeatureHandler.<ProxyRequestAsync>d__22.MoveNext()"}},
txt = $$(‘TEXTAREA’)[0],
humanize = true && location.hash.indexOf(‘dehumanize’) == -1,
isIE = /msie/i.test(navigator.userAgent) && !/opera/i.test(navigator.userAgent);

$(“content”).innerHTML = val(model);

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Can you try again with the latest v4.5.13 release that’s on MyGet, it should no longer be trying to set a negative Content-Length.

Thx a lot with the new vesion -> No Prob!
Regards Tom

1 Like