Redis MQ messages going straight to outq

Hi,

I am having strange behaviour on Redis MQ. When I publish a bunch of messages, only 1 is picked up by the registered handler, the remaining messages go straight to the outq, with the error message: NotImplementedException: Unable to resolve service ‘Message`1’. Any subsequent requests continue to go to the outq with this message, but the application functions as expected.

When I turn off Just My Code, the exception bubbles up from ServiceStack.dll

System.NotImplementedException occurred
Message: Exception thrown: 'System.NotImplementedException' in ServiceStack.dll
Additional information: Unable to resolve service 'Message`1'

Any ideas? Using v4.0.60

G

Can’t think of anything from here, would need to see a small, stand-alone repro to be able to debug and identify the issue.

Hi,

Creating a standalone isn’t going to happen due to time constraints, but I have one more piece of evidence I’m hoping will allow you to point me in right direction; the messages that go into the outq having not been processed are missing a serialised version of my custom AuthUserSession which is a property of the DTO.

All properties have [DataMember]/[DataContract] attrs.

If still no idea then I will either continue hunting or think of another way of achieving.

G

No I don’t see what AuthUserSession has to do with this MQ issue.

Found the issue - bloody azure redis. Swapping to sqs mq implementation immediately resolved. Sorry for red herrings.

1 Like

And thanks for making it so bloody easy to change implementations…

1 Like

Yeah that’s ultimately our goal with all our providers.