Reference mixup

I’m sure this is nothing to do with SS, but I’m hitting my head on the walls for some time and I might just ask for help, maybe someone already passed for this issue.

• I have a Web project that references a DLL
  • in that DLL there’s a call
    using (var db = ServiceStackHost.Instance.Container.Resolve<IAuditDbConnectionFactory>().Open())
  • in the WebProject appHost.cs it says:
    container.Register<IAuditDbConnectionFactory>(c => new OrmLiteAuitConnectionFactory( ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["dbAudit"].ConnectionString, MySqlDialect.Provider));
  • in the Web project, ServiceStack.OrmLite.MySql 4.0.44 is referenced through nuget
  • In both projects the MySql.Data version 6.9.8.0 is added through nuget and in any other web.config/app.config there is nothing registered in any other version
  • /bin folder as cleaned and all contents removed, and the project was rebuilted

but I still have this in my page when calling that .Open() line:

Could not load file or assembly ‘MySql.Data, Version=6.9.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

:frowning:

Does anyone know what’s going on? (and yes I had 6.9.7.0 previously) :open_mouth:

Shouldn’t OrmLite use the version we have referenced in our project? Or there’s something hard coded there…?

found the issue:

:open_mouth:

1 Like