Refresh the ServiceController

Hello,
I’ve a ASP.Net application that exposes servicestack services… before all the services where deployed under different projects and all the projects where referenced by the Web application; in the AppHost I was passing the assemblies in the

private AppHost() //Tell ServiceStack the name and where to find your web services
        : base("XXX", typeof (AppHost).Assembly,.....)

and it was working fine.

Now since that application must be installed on different server some assemblies are not to be included on a certain installation… so I removed them and tried to use a ShadowCopy mechanis we use on other Asp.net MVC product that works fine.

Is there a way I can forse servicestack to reload the assemblies that are in the bin folder?

I did some experiment and using

protected override ServiceController CreateServiceController(params Assembly[] assembliesWithServices)
{
        return new ServiceController(this, LoadServiceAssemblies);
    }

private IEnumerable<Type> LoadServiceAssemblies()
    {
        var files = Directory.GetFiles(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.RelativeSearchPath, ModuleHelper.ModulePattern);
        Log.Debug("Found {files} modules to process", files.Length);

var lst = new List<Type>();

foreach (var f in files)
        {
            try
            {
                var assembly = Assembly.LoadFile(f);

var types = assembly.GetTypes();

var assignable = types.Where(t => t.IsClass && !t.IsAbstract && t.IsSubclassOf(typeof(Service)) && !t.IsInstanceOfType(typeof(ServiceBase))).ToList();
                Log.Debug("Procesed {file},Found :{Services} services", f, assignable.Count);

lst.AddRange(assignable);
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Log.Error(ex, "Error while processing {file}", f);
            }
        }

return lst;
    }

works only If I manually copy to the bin folder… not using the ShadowCopy…

Thanks

No ServiceStack doesn’t support dynamically loading assemblies, the assemblies need to be registered on StartUp so the Services can be registered before AppHost.Configure() is run and is expected to be immutable thereafter.