routes.MapMvcAttributeRoutes() picking up public methods from ServiceStackController

Hi

We are encountering issues using routes.MapMvcAttributeRoutes() in MVC, due to the public generic methods on ServiceStackController getting picked up. This issue appeared to have been addressed several years back by changing the methods to protected in this commit. However, it appears that changes was subsequently reverted in this commit, which once again breaks routes.MapMvcAttributeRoutes(). What was the reason for changing back to public base class methods? Is there another way that we can use routes.MapMvcAttributeRoutes() when using controllers that inherit from ServiceStackController? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

I’m assuming it’s because someone needed it, anyway I’ve made the session APIs protected and converted the other public convenience methods into extension methods in this commit.

This change is available from the latest v5.10.5 that’s now available on MyGet.

THANK YOU DEMIS for the amazingly fast response and fix! Problem is completely solved in the 5.10.5 update you provided. That’s what I call customer service! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes