ServiceStack.Java Missing support for IReturnVoid on JsonServiceClient

Hello,

I have some requests that implements IReturnVoid however JsonServiceClient has no easy way to send these requests since the different methods does not have overloads for IReturnVoid.

Can you add support for the IReturnVoid interface in your Java JsonServiceClient and possibly the other native type client as well?

Thanks

In case this is useful:

.Net
    public class VoidRequest : IReturnVoid
    {
        public string Name { get; set; }
    }
Java
    public static class VoidRequest implements IReturnVoid
    {
        public String name = null;

public String getName() { return name; }
        public VoidRequest setName(String value) { this.name = value; return this; }
    }

FYI I’ve added support for sending sync and async IReturnVoid requests. The Java plugins will be published at the end of the week.

Hi, I tested the new version of the Java plugin and it looks like the delete and get method do not contain an IReturnVoid overload.

It makes no sense for a GET method not to return anything, I’ll look at adding one for DELETE.

I have a few ‘long running tasks’ that are triggered by a GET method that does not return anything. I understand that you may not want to support it so I’ll handle this case myself.

GET’s by contract should be idempotent and side-effect free, you’d want to use a POST for that instead.

Anyway I’ve added support for IReturnVoid API’s for get and delete methods in this commit. Next Java plugin release will be at the end of the week.

FYI a new v4.0.46 of ServiceStack has just been released along with a new version of the Java plugin.