ServiceStack Studio NotImplementedException: The operation 'CheckCrudEvents' does not exist for this service

We are just experimenting with Auto CRUD generated services and testing using Studio. All is working fine and we’ve been able to create APIs from our sqlite and SQL server dbs.

The readme https://github.com/ServiceStack/Studio#api-log-viewer suggests that there’s some API logs available for viewing. I can’t see how to get there from the UI. I have a button called “output” which doesn’t do anything. I can’t see any indication of logs anywhere.

Anyway, I thought it might be something to do with auth, so I signed in to the app as admin using the quick admin links. The test project was based on the x new vue-nuxt template and adding crud using x mix autocrudgen sqlserver and modifying the connection string to connect to our existing db.

Once I’m signed in from Studio, it shows Admin User in top-right corner with a padlock symbol. Now when I click on any table I get an error NotImplementedException: The operation 'CheckCrudEvents' does not exist for this service:

System.NotImplementedException: The operation 'CheckCrudEvents' does not exist for this service
   at ServiceStack.Host.Handlers.ServiceStackHandlerBase.AssertOperationExists(String operationName, Type type) in C:\BuildAgent\work\3481147c480f4a2f\src\ServiceStack\Host\Handlers\ServiceStackHandlerBase.cs:line 257
   at ServiceStack.Host.Handlers.GenericHandler.CreateRequestAsync(IRequest req, String operationName) in C:\BuildAgent\work\3481147c480f4a2f\src\ServiceStack\Host\Handlers\GenericHandler.cs:line 30
   at ServiceStack.Host.Handlers.GenericHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName) in C:\BuildAgent\work\3481147c480f4a2f\src\ServiceStack\Host\Handlers\GenericHandler.cs:line 53

When I sign out I can continue accessing the tables.

ok you should be able to enable AutoQuery CRUD event log to get passed this, with:

container.AddSingleton<ICrudEvents>(c =>
    new OrmLiteCrudEvents(c.Resolve<IDbConnectionFactory>()) { });
container.Resolve<ICrudEvents>().InitSchema();

I’ll check why it’s trying to call it the Service whilst you don’t have it enabled.

This should now be fixed, from next time you restart:

app://studio

Thank you all works well. btw congratulations and thanks for the new release. The auto CRUD functionality is really cool and will save developers a lot of time and effort. We are in the process of evaluating iPaas tools such as Dell Boomi and MuleSoft to create APIs for surfacing legacy databases. This makes a compelling alternative.

Just a small point regarding the CrudEvent. In the UI it provides a handy URL but it doesn’t contain the full query string. To those who haven’t yet worked with AutoQuery it would be useful to see how the UI is constructing queries out of the filters. To be able to grab the full url and invoke manually would be helpful.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Cheers. Are you talking about the API Log Viewer or the Crud Event Audit History?

The API Log has a copy icon & an open in new window icon next to each GET AutoQuery request. The Crud Event Audit History isn’t an AutoQuery Service, you can view the Audit History of an AutoCrud History by calling the GetCrudEvents Service as an Admin User.