ServiceStack.Text Licensing Client dlls

Hello,

I have an app I am developing a WPF client (at the moment may have some mobile ones later). My company bought a Core bundles plan on my advice as I figured the actual web services would all be running on a couple of servers.

I’d been operating under the impression that I could use ServiseStack.Text wherever I liked though as long as I was using the client dlls. However I am get licensing exceptions coming up, so is this not the case? Have I misunderstood what is meant by “These quotas are lifted in ServiceStack.Client generic service clients allowing un-restricted access when consuming ServiceStack services”. I took it to mean I could use the ServiceStack.Text functionality anywhere in a client application.

Thanks

You’ve misunderstood it, it specifically mentions that the quotas are only lifted in ServiceStack.Client generic service clients, meaning its not lifted outside of the clients and the free-quotas still apply.

Ok, that’s what I thought might be the case.

So does that mean we would need a developer licenses if we want to use ServiceStack.Text in Android/iOS apps?

Normally the per-developer license covers any usage on any project but since you’re on the per-core licensing model it wouldn’t be feasible when deploying on mobile clients.

You would need a separate developers license to have royalty-free deployments of ServiceStack.Text. Since you’d only need it on the client you’d just need the cheaper ServiceStack.Text license but you would need to create a new Customer Account as your existing account can’t have both per-core and per-developer licensing models at the same time.