Upgrade from 4.5.8 to 4.5.14 - requests for views not working

We are testing out the upgrade from 4.5.8 to 4.5.14.

An issue we have run into is that requests which return razor views are now returning the default ServiceStack page showing the snapshot of the request and the Response Status.

No code has been changed and only ServiceStack components were upgraded.

I’ve looked at release notes and I don’t see anything that might be causing this issue. I will keep working on a solution, but wondered if anyone else has insight into what might be causing this issue.

Is it still an issue with the latest v5.0.2?

Unfortunately this description doesn’t help identify or localize the issue, if you can put together a small, stand-alone repro which I can run locally to repro the issue (e.g. on GitHub) I’ll be able to investigate further.

When I try to run it with the 5.0.2 bits the site just sits and spins. Nothing shows at all and I get no errors.

I just cloned the SS repo and then imported my projects into the SS repo. My site runs fine when linked directly to the SS projects (tag 5.0.2)

To investigate further and to satisfy my curiosity, I tried taking my solution from 4.5.8 to 4.5.10.

Now i’m getting the YSOD with error CS0234: The type or namespace name ‘X’ does not exist in the namespace ‘X’ when trying to view the site.

Looking at the compiler output errors that show on the page it says the compiled razor view can’t find the namespace for the project that contains the razor view.

I’ve deleted all temporary asp net files in the Framework folder.

I’ll do some more investigation, it appears to be related to just my solution and i’m not sure why.

Maybe the Razor configuration in Web.config got messed up on the upgrade. I’d look at doing a clean uninstall of all Razor packages and references in Web.config, then reinstalling ServiceStack.Razor NuGet package again.