Using Logging and Profiling admin-ui in combination with PascalCase

Hi!

I’m trying to take advantage of the /admin-ui tooling. I have the problem that my website needs to use PascalCase (HostConfig setting UseCamelCase = false). But using this PascalCase the Logging and Profiling does not work (it shows ‘No results’ while there are results, only json in PascalCase instead of CamerCase).

Is there a way to fix this, so use PascalCase and have a working Logging and Profiling in admin-ui?

Cheers,
Paul

I can take a look to see if it’s something that can be supported easily, are you getting an JS Errors in the console or just seeing empty results?

It just says: " No Results".
The Post response from /api/AdminProfiling does contain results but under the name Results instead of results.
It is easy to reprocudes with “HostConfig setting UseCamelCase = false” in any .Net Core app with Logging/Profiling.

The Admin UI should now have better support for PascalCase JSON in the latest v6.11.1+ that’s now available in our Pre-release packages.

Awesome! That works :+1:

Remark:
I first didn’t know about this profiling. My bad, but I tried to use Miniprofiler like in .Net Framework.
I found this page:
https://docs.servicestack.net/built-in-profiling
Here the link to inayearorso.io is dead. Maybe it is usefull here to advise for .Net core to use this profiling instead of the Miniprofiler. The Miniprofiler itself did work but I couldn’t get the SQL logging to work because I couldn’t convert System.Data.IDbConnection to System.Data.Common.DbConnection.
I don’t need the Miniprofiler anymore with this new profiler.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve removed the dead link and added a note to checkout the newer Profiling & Logging UI.