Zoran Knezevic - 6 - Feb 20, 2015

Hi, I created a empty web project with service stack and the SS.Razor.  When debugging locally, if I navigate to a service that has a view, I get the rendered view.  But when I push this to our test server which is running IIS7 and publish this to a Site>Application and navigate to the same URL I don’t get the rendered view but rather the default SS page for the service.  I am not getting any errors, so what should I look at to troubleshoot?  Thanks, Zoran

Have you checked if there’s any StartupErrors in  ?debug=requestinfo 

Zoran Knezevic:

I get back a JSON result.  “StartUpErrors”:[]

hmm, not sure are any Razor pages working? I’m assuming you’re using the same Razor Web.config and Registered the Razor plugin in the same way as dev right?

Zoran Knezevic:

Sorry, it turned out to be a permission issue on the server that had nothing to do with ServiceStack.  My guess is that the service was failing before it had a chance to try to render the view.  I still don’t know why I wasn’t seeing any errors but at least the Razor View Engine was not the issue.  Thank you for your help.

ok cool glad its sorted. You’ll want to ensure there’s a ResponseStatus property on the Response DTO to see Service errors.

Zoran Knezevic:

Good to know.  Thanks!